This weekend, I had the opportunity to go to a conference with all the Cru (Agape) staff from the Netherlands. To be honest with you, I really wasn't looking forward to going. I would have rather enjoyed a weekend of relaxation and recharging in my bedroom, but after going I can gladly say that it was definitely worth it.
The theme for the weekend was, "This is my story" (dit is mijn verhaal). The emphasis was on processing through our testimony, so that we can make it more accessible for non-Christians to connect with and relate to. My own personal theme for this weekend was, "Where am I?" I've been here for a month now, and needed some time to think about, who I really am, as an American missionary in a new country, experiencing things for the very first time. Although, I haven't been able to fully organize my thoughts, it was a great start.
Nestled between sessions on Saturday afternoon, we got to go out and play soccer. It was a blast! I think that we Americans represented ourselves well with two of us each scoring goals, and the other placing a corner kick perfectly, so that it could be headed in past the goalie. After the game, I was told I scored "a beautiful goal" by a Dutchman Talk about a highlight for the weekend!!!
Sadly, there are no pictures of the goal itself, but here are some from the game courtesy of my wonderful teammate Molly Tolbert:


No comments:
Post a Comment